1 day ‘The Colour of Autumn’
- Sat 7 April 2018 from 9-6pm – 2 spots left
- Sat 21 April 2018 from 9-6pm – BOOKED OUT
- Sat 28 April 2018 from 9-6pm – 2 spots left
- Sat 5 May 2018 from 9-6pm – 1 spot left
In late March and through April and May the colours of the non-native trees start to glow yellow, orange and red to name a few colours. There are a few hotspots where we are guaranteed some magnificent displays. Blackheath, Hartley and Mount Wilson to name three are all worth exploring and Gary knows a few back lanes that many don’t find, or where we won’t be sharing the area with other photographers.
We will meet in Katoomba or at my training gallery, where you leave your car for the day and head off to Blackheath. We then use the morning to explore some of the best Autumn lanes and a lookout or two in the Blackheath area and Gary to give helpful shooting advice. Afterwards we drive to Mount Victoria for a quick look at Autumnal post production at Gary’s Training Gallery followed by lunch. We will then continue to Mount Wilson and explore the best spots where the mid afternoon light brings the Autumn colours to life. On the way back to Katoomba we will visit a couple of great photo spots in the less visited Hartley area which are all about the richness of the season.
- Personal instruction from Gary in the field and in his Training Gallery.
- Lunch at local restaurant and tea/snacks in late afternoon. Cool drinks all day in 4WD
- Transportation from your hotel to location and Gary’s Pulpit Rock Gallery Training room in single 4WD car
- Use of laptops for post processing instruction if required.
- Workshop certificate and exposure of your best image (optional) on Gary’s social site/s
Any questions please email Gary
Book ‘The Colour of Autumn, Blue Mountains’:
Cost: $495 per person. In the event of only one booking on a workshop 1 week out, a full refund will be given or the participant moved to an agreed future workshop.
Note: workshops will only take place with a minimum of 2 and maximum of 3 participants so as much personal attention can be given to each photographer and we are more flexible in moving between locations. Full payment for workshops are due 2 weeks before the workshop date. Gary has full public liability insurance covering the group in Blue Mountains NP and his training gallery, an EcoPass for commercial workshops in the Blue Mountains so all appropriate permissions prior to the workshop will have been setup with NSW NPWS office.
Sat 7 Apr 2018 9-6pm Full Amount $495
Sat 21 Apr 2018 9-6pm Full Amount $495
Sat 28 Apr 2018 9-6pm Full Amount $495
Sat 5 May 2018 9-6pm Full Amount $495
Pre-requisites for all workshops
Note: photographers without all of the camera equipment below will be instructed in how to get the best out of what they have and see the advantage of extra equipment.
- PASSION: It is inspiring to Gary and the other photographers if you have a great attitude and can make the best of whatever the weather throws at us or your expectations of the workshop. We will come away with great pictures regardless.
- BRING: A good quality hiking tripod and familiarity with using it.
- BRING: A decent quality DSLR or Mirrorless interchangeable lens camera and have a working knowledge of it.
- BRING: Two or three lenses. Suggest an ultra wide (14 to 20 ish), wide (24-35 ish) and medium telephoto (60-100 ish). Or combinations in zoom lenses.
- BRING: Filters. Any combination of – neutral density, 5 or 10 stops. Graduated neutral density 2 and/or 3 stops. Polarizer circular. It is not critical to have filters as we will explore blending and/or HDR techniques without using them.
- DO YOU: Have a moderate level of fitness and able to walk confidently on rocky terrain with camera equipment (this will vary on each workshop but call for information if in doubt).
- BRING: Comfortable hiking shoes, good camera back pack and waterproofs/warm clothes in case the weather goes south.
- READ: It is recommended that you orientate yourself with the mountains by reading my introduction post A Landscape Photographers Guide to Visiting the Blue Mountains Australia which helps break down the geography and refers to many of the locations we will be exploring.