Commissions and Licensing Overview
Many of Gary’s images and videos are available for use in commercial print, online and other promotional media and he takes on special commissions too.
Gary undertakes briefs from environmental, cityscape, tourism, environmental portraits, architecture and other creative work. His rates vary from $80ph up to $135ph depending on the complexity of the shoot and/or not-for-profit vs commercial use and will take into account travel time and post-processing. Please call Gary on 0404 797 104 or email gary at garyphayes.com for more details and to discuss a package rate.
To license Gary’s images or videos there are two simple rate schedules 1) Commercial and 2) Non-commercial, charity or not-for-profit (in this case meaning an entity providing social or environmental services vs a marketing or tourism promotion operation)
For digital copies, please refer to the list below and contact Gary at email@example.com with image reference and usage ID to receive quotes, download instructions and invoice etc:
PLEASE NOTE: Gary does not release digital high resolution files to individuals to do their own printing, only to registered companies.
There are four categories of licensing Gary P Hayes photography images listed below and the rates are per image exclusive of GST. To receive a full invoice or full quote simply contact Gary with the details gary @ garyphayes.com. All the below are non-exclusive except category 1. Even for commercial licenses a credit in both print and web as ‘Image: Gary P Hayes Photography' is negotiable but preferred. All Prices are AUD
1 - Exclusive, four years across unlimited media
For certain images, a buyout for unlimited exclusive use on web, print and exhibition/event, the fee is $1280 per image for four years (extensions can be negotiated). Packages are very cost effective, where for 10 the fee drops to $960 per image and for 20 the fee drops to $840 per image).
Note: exclusive in this case means no other company will be able to license the image but, the photographer ‘may’ use it for his own promotional purposes, private prints or social shares.
- Web only – Exclusive and unlimited 4 years – $550 per image
- Print only (magazine, brochures, books) – Exclusive and unlimited 4 years – $750 per image
- Event only (exhibition posters, displays) – Exclusive and unlimited 4 years – $660 per image
- All of the above – Exclusive and unlimited 4 years – $1280 per image
Certain images are designated by the photographer for this purpose vs all images
2 - Non-Exclusive, four years across unlimited media
See single media non-exclusive media prices below but for certain images, a buyout for non-exclusive unlimited use across web, print and exhibition/event, the fee is $480 per image for four years (extensions can be negotiated). Packages are very cost effective, where for 10 images the fee drops to $420 per image and for 20 images the fee drops to $380 per image.
- All of the above – Non-exclusive and unlimited 4 years – $480 per image
Certain images are designated by the photographer for this purpose vs all images
3 - Single Media – Online (websites, app campaigns)
Defined as bespoke websites or web/mobile apps which host sales of any product or service or have extensive advertising…Image supplied at 1080 pixels longest side, no watermark.
- Web1m – 1 months use on one company website or social pages. $55
- Web6m – 6 months use on one company website or social pages. $95
- Web1y – 1 years use on one company website or social pages. $140
- WebU – Unlimited use on one company website or social pages. $240
Please note for use of images in banners, headers, backgrounds please contact for custom rates and higher resolutions for cropping.
4 - Single Media – Print (Books, magazines, campaign brochures) and home or business decor, murals, walls, kitchens etc:
There are three levels of rates based on circulation as below
A – Local circulation L (or less than 10 000 circulation)
- PrL25 – Quarter page (25%) image 300dpi 1500px wide. $50
- PrL50 – Half page (50%) image 300dpi 3000px wide. $80
- PrL100 – Full page (100%) image 300dpi 6000px high/wide. $120
- PrL200 – Cover or double page spread, image 300dpi 7500px high/wide. $180
- HD1 - Home Decor Private. Murals (walls, splash-backs) smaller than 1.5m. $350
B – National N (or greater than 10 000 circulation)
- PrN25 – Quarter page (25%) image 300dpi 1500px wide. $90
- PrN50 – Half page (50%) image 300dpi 3000px wide. $150
- PrN100 – Full page (100%) image 300dpi 6000px high/wide. $240
- PrN200 – Cover or double page spread, image 300dpi 8500px high/wide. $320
- HD2 - Home or Small Business Decor. Murals (walls, waiting rooms, cafes etc) larger than 1.5m. $470
C – International I (or greater than 25 000 circulation)
- PrI25 – Quarter page (25%) image 300dpi 1500px wide. $150
- PrI50 – Half page (50%) image 300dpi 3000px wide. $210
- PrI100 – Full page (100%) image 300dpi 6000px high/wide. $320
- PrI200 – Cover or double page spread, image 300dpi 8500px high/wide. $450
- HD3 - Larger Business Decor or Panels / Murals (walls, waiting rooms, corridors, information) up to 3m $550
Non-commercial license and other media
Any image, after permission granted, can be used freely online (or in printed media with permission) in non-commercial (meaning no advertising or marketing on the site) or by charity and not-for-profit institutions as long as you follow the explicit conditions below:
- Online: The low resolution only, image must not be cropped and must retain the copyright watermark
- Online: A working link must be included close to the image and point to http://garyphayes.photography with text (Photo by Gary P Hayes Photography)
- Print: Once permission is granted for special print non-commercial licence and a higher resolution, non-watermarked image discussed, the printed image must include next to, or inset on the photo in readable font – “Photo by Gary P Hayes Photography – garyphayes.photography”
- Other uses: Please email
- Note: The non-commercial, not for profit use is for 1 to 5 images only and does not include a 'free-for-all' on a large group of images to be placed on web or print
Other Media - Please contact Gary with any other uses that require licenses such as general editorial, stories and image sequences, use in games, mobile or tablet apps, live projection and more.
Video and Cinematography Licenses
Gary has a range of existing video footage (much at 4K D-cinelike 24 & 30fps) that ranges from aerial and events through to timelapse. Many of these can be viewed on his YouTube channel in various playlists, but of course there are 100s of hours of other shots that were not edited in due to time constraints, so please contact Gary with any specific needs.
- Playlist with over 51 aerial videos most above non-National Park Blue Mountains such as outlying areas of Gardens of Stone but includes Bali, Thailand, Iceland etc:
- Timelapses include SE Asia, various cities including Sydney and again Blue Mountains, this is a taster video
Obviously commissioned video shoots can be done with rates depending on complexity of brief and environment. Contact for rates.
Licensing existing clips rates *.
Unlimited use across multiple projects - HD or 4K
- Exclusive use, Single 15-30s shots with 5-20s use in video project - $860 AUD each
- Non-Exclusive use, Single 15-30s shots with 5-20s use in video project - $510 AUD each
Unlimited time use across a single project (eg: refresh edits of one promo/show) - HD or 4K
- Exclusive use, Single 15-30s shots with 5-20s use in video project - $570 AUD each
- Non-Exclusive use, Single 15-30s shots with 5-20s use in video project - $380 AUD each
2 year use in a single project (eg: refresh edits of one promo/show) - HD or 4K
- Exclusive use, Single 15-30s shots with 5-20s use in video project - $480 AUD each
- Non-Exclusive use, Single 15-30s shots with 5-20s use in video project - $290 AUD each
* Please note unless otherwise agreed the above is not 'stock footage' and where credits are used in the final projects (either top/tail or in description notes) that "Gary P Hayes Photography" must be listed as footage provider or cinematography. eg: Timelapse footage by Gary P Hayes Photography or Aerial Cinematography by Gary P Hayes Photography. In the case of multiple providers simply list the providers under the one title.