Gary’s Photo Tours are great ways for visiting advanced photographers to be driven around to the best locations at the best times in the most efficient way. Most tours last from sunrise to sunset with 5+ great locations in-between but customised ones can be discussed.
The tours are designed for photographers who are comfortable with their technique and equipment and just require locations at the best time and orientation to some of the best shots at those spots. Obviously some walking will be required and this is listed below.
There are two types of tours. Preset ones from the list below or totally customised ones created on the fly as we drive around or agreed in advance via tel or email.
The advantage of the present tours are a very structured time so that everything can be completed in the time whereas a custom one (which has weather condition advantages) is more unknown time wise. Choose from the preset tours below (currently WIP listing – detail to be added) – most include sunrise and sunset (SR/SS) locations and start 40 minutes before sunrise and end 30 minutes after sunset. Drinks and snacks provided en-route in 4WD ute or car and several lunch spots selected on the tour day…
- Katoomba SR/SS with 4 key waterfalls
- Wentworth FallsSR/SS with 8 waterfalls midday
- Wentworth Falls, Leura and Katoomba 8 hotspots
- The Grose Valley SR/SS and midday falls/creek trek
- The Three Valleys, Jamison, Grose and Megalong SR/SS and midday glens
- The Big Seven Lookouts – SR/SS and five key lookouts
- Hidden Blackheath and Mount Victoria special SR/SS
- The mid mountains Falls loops (Lawson & Hazelbrook) 10 falls plus SR/SS
- Pagoda country – Hardly photographed formations & features across Newnes Plateau, Ben Bullen State Forest, Wolgan and Capertee
- many more to come
Temporary tour payment, itinerary and conditions area
A unique protected payment and agreed itinerary page will be setup for each tour as they are firmed up via email
Important! Please read before payment:
Cancelled because of Gary:
It is rarely the case that Gary has to cancel a tour and this will either be due to 1) His illness 2) Location issues (eg: bush fires) 3) Personal emergency date clashes or 4) Very inappropriate weather forecast
If a workshop is cancelled the following will happen
- A new date will be discussed and set with all participants
- Participants moved to the next available tour date after discussion
- Participants moved to another type of tour or even workshop after discussion
- note: once a new date has been set above and the tour goes ahead the rules below apply
- A full refund given to the participants in the event of total cancellation only
Cancelled because of Participant/s:
Sometimes circumstances mean a person cannot participate in a workshop or tour. Regardless of the reasons why they cannot make it, the workshop/tour will still go ahead without them and because of the difficulty in finding new participants or in the case of solo tours, losing the dates in short timeframe here is the refund policy, and cancellations must be requested via email. (note: to cover yourselves it is recommended you get travel / event insurance to cover any costs due to personal circumstances or emergencies).
Refund Policy … If YOU cancel
- 60 days or more you will receive a full refund, minus a $50 admin and PayPal fee
- 30-59 days you will receive 50% refund
- 29 days or less you will receive a 20% refund
- less than 5 days out, no refund